For Chocolate Cupcake (Makes 10 Cupcakes)
- 115 gr of Dark Sugar-Free Chocolate
- 15 gr of Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 50 gr of Brown Sugar, Stevia, or Sweetener of Choice
- 25 gr of Coconut Oil or Olive Oil or Oil or Choice
- 60 gr Oats Flour
- 30 gr of Cacao Powder
- 1 gr Salt
- 1 gr Baking Soda
- 2 gr Baking Powder
- Preheat oven at 170 C.
- 40 gr Water
- 100 gr White Sugar
- 20 gr of Gelatin Sheets
- 2 Egg Whites
- Stick Vanilla
For Crushed Biscuit Topping
For Those of you who don’t know, This is a S’more, a traditional campfire treat that is really popular in the United States. One of my personal favorite decadent Treats. This new twist to the recipe kind of came about when I had a special request for work; Someone requested a children’s bday cake that was healthy but yet appealing to kids…So, I made Healthy S’mores Cake and from what I heard, the kids loved it!
I decided to make a healthy Cupcake version just because cupcakes are way cuter and its easier for “portion control”…so here is my version of Healthy S’mores Cupcakes!
Here’s what to do:
- Melt the Chocolate and butter either in the microwave or in a double-broiler (bain-marie).
- In a bowl beat together the Sugar and Eggs until you get a light and fluffy mixture.
- Add the olive oil and beat until incorporated.
- Using a spatula, mix in the melted chocolate and butter. Once incorporated mix in the powders (oat flour, salt, cacao, baking soda and baking powder).
- Finally, mix in the greek yogurt.
- Serve the cupcake mix into your cupcake tins (fill up about 1/2 to 3/4 of the tin) and bake in hot oven for 20 mins approximately.
- Place the water and sugar in a pot, stir it to incorporate and then place over medium-high heat and allow to boil without stirring at all. Allow this mix to come to 120 C.
- Meanwhile, place the gelatin sheets into really cold water until they soften ( 5-10 mins).
- Beat the egg whites until they form light, fluffy, solid white peaks.
- When the sugar and water reach 120 C, remove from heat and stir in the gelatin sheets until they dissolve and immediately pour the mix into the fluffy egg white peaks and beat constantly with an electric mixer until the mixture cools (about 4-5 mins).
- Place into an icing bag and either serve directly into cupcakes decorating them however you like, or make different shapes marshmallows on a sheet of baking paper covered with 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut.
- Allow for the marshmallows to set / dry (about 30 mins) before serving.
If you own a gas torch, brown your marshmallows a bit before serving and top with some crushed sugar-free biscuits, you can try my Healthy Sugar-Free Short Bread Cookie Recipe or any other sugar-free biscuit you like.