- 1/3 Cup of Cooked Quinoa or Brown Rice
- 3/4 Cup of Almond Milk
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Sweetener or Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Cacao Powder
- 30 Grams of Sugar-Free Chocolate (Dark, Milk, whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 Banana
- Chopped Walnuts
A couple years ago when I still lived in Venezuela, I used to go to this restaurant that served the most amazing chocolate Risotto! It had rice (of course), Nutella Chocolate sauce, chopped bananas and walnuts…it was served warm. YUM!! One of the yummiest desserts I’ve ever had!
So, to satisfy my sweet tooth but keep my fitness goals in check, I decided to come up with this Clean version of the Chocolate Risotto.
The preparation is pretty similar to that of the Healthy Rice Pudding Recipe I shared with you!
Here’s what to do
- In a small sauce pan, place the 1/3 cup of cooked quinoa or brown rice, sweetener, cacao and milk. Stir and bring to a boil over medium-high temperature.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir it in. Allow the mix to simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Stir in the banana and walnuts, and allow to simmer for 1 more minute. Turn off the heat and allow the risotto to set for 3-4 minutes.
- Top with nuts or melted chocolate if you prefer and serve warm!
- 1/3 Cup of Cooked Quinoa (or Brown Rice if you prefer)
- 1/2 Cup of Almond Milk
- 1-2 Tablespoon of Sweetener (or Brown Sugar)
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
Wondering what you can do with Almond Milk??? This is a super easy, quick-to-make, sweet treat! I am such a lover of Rice Pudding! My Mom made the best rice pudding when I was growing up…so here’s is my healthy version that I think tastes just as good as the real deal!!
Here’s what to do
- Cook the quinoa (or brown rice) according to instructions (usually it should be 1/2 cup of quinoa with a 1 1/2 cups of water – bring to a boil and simmer until water has dried up).
- Place the cooked quinoa, sweetener and milk in a small sauce pan; feel free to add a cinnamon stick for flavor. Bring the mix to a boil, stirring occasionally, and allow it to simmer for about 3 minutes. Turn off the fire and allow mix to set for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon before serving. You can keep it in the fridge or eat it at room temperature!
The texture is just like that of the real Rice Pudding! And overall, it’s a pretty satisfying healthy dessert alternative! I keep healthy treats like this handy! So that I can eat a little something sweet almost every day! (big sweet tooth, you guys..)
Hope you like it!!