- 1/3 Cup of Cooked Quinoa or Brown Rice
- 3/4 Cup of Almond Milk
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Sweetener or Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Cacao Powder
- 30 Grams of Sugar-Free Chocolate (Dark, Milk, whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 Banana
- Chopped Walnuts
A couple years ago when I still lived in Venezuela, I used to go to this restaurant that served the most amazing chocolate Risotto! It had rice (of course), Nutella Chocolate sauce, chopped bananas and walnuts…it was served warm. YUM!! One of the yummiest desserts I’ve ever had!
So, to satisfy my sweet tooth but keep my fitness goals in check, I decided to come up with this Clean version of the Chocolate Risotto.
The preparation is pretty similar to that of the Healthy Rice Pudding Recipe I shared with you!
Here’s what to do
- In a small sauce pan, place the 1/3 cup of cooked quinoa or brown rice, sweetener, cacao and milk. Stir and bring to a boil over medium-high temperature.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir it in. Allow the mix to simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Stir in the banana and walnuts, and allow to simmer for 1 more minute. Turn off the heat and allow the risotto to set for 3-4 minutes.
- Top with nuts or melted chocolate if you prefer and serve warm!