- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Oats Flour or Whole-Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 200 Grams of Sugar-Free Milk Chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 3/4 Cups of Chopped Walnuts (Optional)
Preheat the Oven at 180 C / 350 F
Here’s what to do
- Take half the chocolate and Melt it with 1 tablespoon of butter in “Bain Marie”, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the pot. Set aside when ready.
- In a small bowl, mix the powders: Flour, Cacao, Baking Soda, Vanilla and Salt.
- In another bowl mix with an electric beater the eggs and sugar until obtaining a light color, fluffy mixture. Add the Greek Yogurt and Olive oil until well combined. Add the melted chocolate and beat well until you get a uniform chocolatey mix. Finally, Add the powders and mix until getting a creamy mixture.
- Place the mixture in buttered and floured cake mould and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until you stick a toothpick in it and it comes out clean.
You can absolutely serve this as a cake or make them as cupcakes, since it’s tastier when warm, so this ways is easier to pop in the microwave for 10 seconds and then serve…HOWEVER, if you are looking to impress your guests or something of the sort, do this extra step to turn the chocolate cake into cake-pops:
- Allow cake to cool at room temperature
- Melt the other half of the chocolate and butter in bain-marie.
- Meanwhile, with your hands or in a food processor, turn the cake into crumbles!
- Then, in a bowl, per every 100 grams of cake crumble you want to add 1 tablespoon of Melted Chocolate. Mix the cake crumble and chocolate with your hands; you should get a moist mix that you can easily roll into small balls (add more chocolate if desired) around a cake pop stick. If you want, you can Place the cake pops in fridge for 30 mins to 1 hour to achieve better consistency.
- Take out of fridge and allow them to come back to room temperature. If you are having an extra craving or if you want to decorate them for Halloween, melt some dark chocolate for dipping and decorate as a black cat cake pop, or with white chocolate or meringue to make a Spooky Ghost!!
Happy Halloween….ENJOY this Treat without all the calories!!!!