- 1 Cup of Almonds (soaked in cold water over night)
- 3 Cups of Water
- 1 Teaspoon of Sweetener (optional)
Here’s what to do:
- Soak the almonds over night or for 8 hours.
- Rinse the almonds and throw away the water.
- Place almonds in blender and add 3 cups of cold water. Blend until you get a white “milky” solution.
- Using a cheese-cloth, strain the milk (I used the instrument on the picture, this is what we use in Venezuela to filter coffee..it works just fine!); place cloth over a deep bowl and pour the almond milk; the liquid should go through and the cloth should retain the leftover shredded almonds. Squeeze out as much milk as possible.
- Place in sealed container and refrigerate!
With the leftover shredded almonds you can make Almond Flour:
- Place the shredded almonds in the oven at 180 C for about 20 minutes, until dry and toasted.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Place in blender and shred for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until flour consistency is achieved!
Compared to cow milk, almond milk is a much healthier choice! Give it a try and introduce it in your everyday diet!
All the nuts and dried fruits you like!! For Example:
- Brazil Nut
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Dried Cranberries
- Goji Berries
My very dear friend Chacha shared with me a few weeks ago her amazing Morning Power Mix idea! She told me that her usual breakfast is:
- 1 handful of the nuts and dried fruits mix made with the above mentioned ingredients
- 1 Fresh Fruit
- A splash of Milk of your preference!
This power mix idea, as my friend said herself, “is extremely delish and gives energy for the rest of the day! And in Summer weather, combined with some Homemade Mango Sorbet, this breakfast is to Die For!!”
I believed her, but since I am not a Breakfast person I twitched her idea a bit and made it into an On the Go Power Mix for snacking! This has been saving my life the past weeks! I simply carry a jar with me everywhere I go and when Hunger strikes I am ready!! Guys this is how you keep yourself from eating something unhealthy and greasy, always, always, always be prepared!!!
What Exactly did I do for this On The Go Power Mix?? I went to this store in Athens called CARPO (they also have one in London) where they sell Sundried Fruits with NO ADDED Sugars!! Super healthy, I think. So I got this time:
Then I went to the farmers Market and got some nice, big variety of nuts:
- Sunflower Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
Now just get creative and mix in the colors you like best! I made several of these little Jars with the Power Mix, closed them up and just take one every time I need to go out for errands. Because they are closed very well, they have lasted me about 10 days or so….
A big thanks to Chacha for suggesting this great idea!!
Hey, hey, hey!!!
So as you guys know I threw my good friend a baby shower last weekend, and I tried as much as I could to use Do It Yourself (DIY) ideas for it!
If you’ve seen my previous posts, you know that I made a Colorful Diaper Cake for decorating the space;
Baby Bottles stuffed with Candies as Give-Away Gifts for guests;
And A Fruit Bouquet, also for decorating but obviously a healthy and refreshing treat guests can enjoy eating during the party;
For entertainment I decided to go for Do It Yourself activities guests could choose to do throughout the party. Originally I wanted to try doing some of the typical baby shower games I have played in other showers I’ve attended, but the truth of the matter was that I don’t think it was the “right audience” for it! Since it was an Girls Only Baby Shower, I thought it would be the right audience for:
Activity #1:Paint your Nails Baby Blue or Baby Pink! Since we don’t know whether it’s a boy or a girl guests could choose to do their nails Blue for Boy, Pink for Girl or both if you just have no clue!! By the way, I got these cute colors also from Jumbo for like 99 cents each!! Totally worth the expense, Even if they only last a few days….its less than 1 euro!!
Activity #2: Design the Baby Bib! We knew our friend was low on bibs, so we got 10 different bibs that guests could make a cute drawing for the baby. We got all washable markers so that she can just wash and use some of the bibs, and she said that some of her favorites she might frame and use as decoration for the baby’s room! Cute idea, right??
Activity #3: Make your Bracelet or Necklace! Honestly, the younger kids had way more fun with this one than the adults..but a couple guests were really crafty and made some amazing designs for bracelets and keychains!
That’s it….this is my first time putting together a Baby Shower and Doing It Myself!! and it was a blast for me! I never knew I could be creative enough to make these decorations! I hope this will inspire you to get creative and start some Do It Yourself Projects!! Be sure to share them with me!!
Hey, hey, hey!
If you’ve seen my previous posts you know that I threw a Baby Shower for my friend the other day, for which my friend and I made all the decorations ourselves.
Originally, For the give away gifts we planned to get some small flower plants to give to each guest, but my friend was really sick the entire week before the shower and thus we didn’t really have time to go buy the plants we wanted to give away. So the day of the party we had to come up with something cute to give that was also quick and easy to make ourselves right then and there! We went to this store here in Greece called “Jumbo”, which pretty much has anything and everything for really, really cheap prices. So we found some cute baby bottles, some nice colored ribbons and loads of colorful candies to stuff each baby bottle with!
And so we made some Candied Baby Bottle Give Aways:
- 15 Baby Bottles (or however many you need)
- 2 packs of Ribbons (for different colors)
- About 7 bags of candy, this will vary depending on what you use!; We got:
3 x 500 gr Chocolate Filled m&m ‘s
3 x 500 gr Peanut m&m’s
1 x 500 gr Sorted Fruit Candies
What we did next:
- Fill up each bottle with the different candies! Mix it up however you want!
- Tie a ribbon around the top of the bottle.
- Add a cute note (if u want) for guests to remember the shower by.
And we are ready for the Baby Shower!!
Hey, Hey, hey!!
So, my very good friend is having a baby soon and me and a couple other girlfriends decided to throw her a Baby Shower!!! I took the opportunity to get a little creative and try and make all the decorations instead of just buying them! We decided to make the give-away gifts, as well as Do It Yourself party activities, in addition to the Diaper cake!!
I actually got the idea for Diaper Cake decoration on Pinterest; it seemed so simple that I gave it a try and It came out really nice (I think, at least)..it took me like less than 30 mins to put it together!!! Can you believe it???
What I used:
- At least 2 round boxes; the size will depend on how big you want your cake. I used a 20 cm diameter box for the base and a 10 cm diameter box for the second layer.
- About 50 Diapers (this may change if you use different size boxes)
- Ribbons (feel free to use different colors), Scissors and Tape
What I did:
- Take Each individual diaper and roll it up like a mexican “Burrito” or “Fajita”, use a neutral color ribbon to tie a knot around the diaper. Set aside and repeat with the rest of the diaper (as many as you need to cover your boxes in them).
- Place each diaper in a vertical position around the exterior of your round box. Mine did actually “stand up” on their own, but if you are having difficulties, feel free to use a little bit of tape to help you fix them in place.
- Once the diapers are all lined up and surround the box, use your ribbon to tie a bow around them; make sure the ribbon is position just about the middle of the diaper, this will give more stability to the cake.
- Repeat the above process with your other boxes.
- For the top part, the final level of the cake, I didn’t need to use a box, I simply put together 5-6 diapers and tied a bow around them.
- Decorate!! We added ribbons, bows, cute shaped lollipops and at the top a small gift for the baby!
If you don’t have a baby shower to throw…well…you can also make this decoration cake with anything that you can roll up like I did the diapers, for example: Towels (for a house warming party or summer party), t-shirts or even better, DIY t-shirts, fabric napkins if you are having a fancy dinner party, gloves, socks, scarves, etc….just be creative!!
Try making it, it won’t disappoint!!
I’m back and once again, I wanted to share my latest DIY project with you!
So this happened one weekend while I was at home with nothing much to do, and I started thinking that there are literally so many ways to add life, color and personality to empty wall spaces!! So I figured, why not reinvent the empty spaces in my walls with this project!
I found it really fun and easy to make these DIY Picture Frames; I managed to collect all the pieces in about a month, some of the frames were given to me as gifts by some friends and some are old frames I had lying around.
This “collecting process” may be a bit time consuming, but now that is done it’s time to have fun! And here is a sneak peak look of our new living room decoration, I like this more dramatic look!
Alright, so here’s the Materials we’ll need:
- Old News paper /magazines
- Picture frames (Variety of shapes and designs)
Here’s how easy it is to do:
- Lay out a large piece of news paper to lay the frames on top of.
- Using your spray paint, spray all the frames in the front and in the sides. I used a dark green spray paint color, feel free to choose whichever color will decorate best your wall space!
- Allow for the frames to fully dry before using
- Once the painting process is completed, collect all your frames lay them down in a flat surface so that you can play with how to arrange them! Try different combinations until you get the look and feel you want and snap a photo to reference back to when you begin hanging them on your wall! It’s important to have a clear view of how you want to hang the frames, you don’t want to make unnecessary holes in your walls!!!
- Measure your wall space to figure out the placing you want for each frame; make a small mark where the nail is supposed to be, if you need to.
- Fix the Nail to the chosen spot in the wall and start hanging your frames!
How do you think they turned out?
Personally, I’m really amazed with the outcome and so proud of how it looks and that I did it myself and for a very low cost!!
Hope you enjoy Do It Yourself projects as much as I do, and you have fun making this one!
See you next time!
Today I wanted to share with you another DIY Project! I love Decorating and making empty spaces look more lively, so I’m always trying to do cool decorations and stuff!!
Today’s DIY Idea is on how to make your house corner look less dull and way more interesting. with the light ideas.
So I’ve had this lamp forever, and lately every time I saw my old lampshade I thought it was just so plane, so I thought, what if I put little artwork on it and just to give it a whole new transformation!!
All you will need are some stencils, acrylic paint and brushes, and What we do is pretty straight forward:
- Take the old, plain lamp shade and set it on top of a clean surface.
- Take whatever stencil and color paint you prefer and place it in the desired area of the lampshade, as you know I love nature, so I went for a leaves!
- Apply the paint and let it dry fully before placing it back! So easy, right??
And we’re done with another project!
Hope you like it!