- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 40 Grams of Honey
- 50 Grams of Pine Nuts
- 4 Grams of Saffron (one small packet)
- Icing Sugar for Decoration (Optional)
Preheat the oven at 175 C.
This recipe is super easy to make, all you need is an electric beater/mixer!
Here’s what to do:
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature and to have toasted slightly the pine nuts in a small pan (only a minute or two, they don’t need much time).
- Place the butter, egg yolk, honey and flour in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until you get a homogenous mix.
- Add the saffron and beat at low speed until incorporated.
- Incorporate the Pine Nuts.
- Divide the dough in half. Take one half of the dough and roll it into a long “log”, about 5 cm in diameter. Then, with a clean knife, cut the cookies so that they are about 2 cm thick. Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Optional: Sprinkle more pine nuts in the top of each cookie!
- Place all the cookies in a tray with baking paper and place in the oven for 15 minutes, until they are golden brown on top.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on top for decoration and serve while still warm for MAX Enjoyment!!
This recipe yields about 40 small cookies.