- 1/3 Cup of Cooked Quinoa (or Brown Rice if you prefer)
- 1/2 Cup of Almond Milk
- 1-2 Tablespoon of Sweetener (or Brown Sugar)
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
Wondering what you can do with Almond Milk??? This is a super easy, quick-to-make, sweet treat! I am such a lover of Rice Pudding! My Mom made the best rice pudding when I was growing up…so here’s is my healthy version that I think tastes just as good as the real deal!!
Here’s what to do
- Cook the quinoa (or brown rice) according to instructions (usually it should be 1/2 cup of quinoa with a 1 1/2 cups of water – bring to a boil and simmer until water has dried up).
- Place the cooked quinoa, sweetener and milk in a small sauce pan; feel free to add a cinnamon stick for flavor. Bring the mix to a boil, stirring occasionally, and allow it to simmer for about 3 minutes. Turn off the fire and allow mix to set for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon before serving. You can keep it in the fridge or eat it at room temperature!
The texture is just like that of the real Rice Pudding! And overall, it’s a pretty satisfying healthy dessert alternative! I keep healthy treats like this handy! So that I can eat a little something sweet almost every day! (big sweet tooth, you guys..)
Hope you like it!!